Here is the list of most of the repertoire for this coming term, including youtube videos.
As I always point out: The recordings are just for reference. You should NOT aim to mimic them; it is impossible to sound like these choirs because we are not them, nor do I want you to be; our interpretation will differ and will change as we go through the process of rehearsing. (I chose these because they are the arrangements that we are singing + clear recordings. You're most welcome to listen / search for other recordings)
As you see, this term is 'pop' music inspired since many of you have expressed that that is the sort of music you enjoy singing. For those of you that prefer classical fare, there is Tourdion and Enjoy the Silence (which isn't quite pop) and rest assured, next term will be different :)
There will likely be one more song added to the rep (a song by Beck). Enjoy,
- Tourdion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68bfFtg92ek
- Helplessly Hoping https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D26eQKWaLh0
- Enjoy the Silence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlzhYa9aG_k
- Space Oddity (no recording available of the arrangement we are doing so...) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYMCLz5PQVw
- God Only Knows https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoJRyY_TAcY
Last year we started doing smaller ensemble songs (i.e. not the entire choir) for those of you that felt you were able to take on more, and were willing and able to rehearse outside of regular choir rehearsals on your own.
This term the optional pieces are the following. If you're interested, please email me and I will put together the groups. We will work on them a little together but then you are expected to find time outside of rehearsal to work further on them without me. We will touch base throughout the term to make sure everything is going ok.
- In My Room https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GowvzdyzR1s
- Personal Clown https://vimeo.com/182572555/36cd556a4e
- All My Little Words https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3wgCLKrihw
- If anyone has another song they'd like to do, that isn't difficult, please feel free to suggest it.